Sunday, July 13, 2014

Fringe Scissor Challenge


Hey Friends, it's time for another Watercooler Challenge!
This week, we are doing a product challenge,
with artists showing different ways to use 
the Fringe Scissors (p 215).

My project is a "hippy vest" that includes fringe
at the bottom.  Some of us, who are "MY age", will remember this look!   I brayered over the Back to Black DSP  with Lost Lagoon ink,because the pattern seemed to enhance the "hippy" look.
SetAlphabet Rotary Stamp (p 191)
Colors:  Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Lost Lagoon,
Basic Black, Back to Black Designer Series Paper
 brayered with Lost Lagoon.

OtherStarburst Framelits (p 231) for armholes,
1 inch Circle punch (p 221) for neck hole,
Measurements: Vest is 5 1/2 x 3 1/2.
Score 1 1/2 inch from each side.
Fringe Scissors     Alphabet Rotary Stamp by Stampin' Up!    Starburst Framelits Die

Back To Black Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!     1" Circle PunchZig Zag Textured Impressions Embossing Folder by Stampin' Up!Gold Sequin Trim           Brayer          Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Skin Tone Assortment by Stampin' Up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, this is adorable! Brings back memories.

debz917 said...

love, Love, Love this. I remember having these and that my mom made them. What wonderful memories.

Debbie

Terri said...

I love your card, Jackie. I am sure whoever you give it to will enjoy it. Thank you for bringing yet another awesome sample to the Watercooler Challenges!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Jackie!

Heidi Weaver said...

I love that hippy vest! (Saw a lot of those back in Grand Forks, BC---a little leftover hippy town). The colour and embossing really gives it a lot of texture. Such a neat idea!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Way cool dude! Now if only a life size version of that vest was in my closet. I do indeed remember those days...heck...they still seem current to me. {grin}
Thanks Jackie for for sharing the inspiration. Next question...do you have the Dude Your Welcome set to use with the vest? Hee, hee. Love the idea of brayering over the DSP to tweak it as needed.

KatheD said...

OK, the way you used the fringe scissors is uniquely creative, but I'm MOST impressed that you brayered over the Back to Black designer series paper :) wish I could remember that trick!