Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter and Color Challenge

Happy Easter and welcome to 
This challenge is a color challenge, presented by Susan.
It is a delightful color combination!!
 
 At this point, I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone that I used
the Lovely Amazing You photopolymer set for this challenge.
  It keeps leaping into my hand 
when I sit down at my stamping table!!
I used the feather to create a background and simply stamped
the sentiment over top.  I debated stamping the sentiment in
Basic Black or Gray, but decided that Bermuda Bay worked.
I wrapped one background layer with Calypso Coral
from the Birthday Bash Designer Washi Sheets (Occasions p 11).
The So Saffron layer was stamped with Chalk Lines
to give it a little texture.  Other than that, this is a very
simple card to pull together! You could also "jazz it up"
by adding ribbon or Baker's Twine.
Now please go check out the other artist interpretations.
Trust me, you don't want to miss them!!

Also, please have a wonderful Easter, filled with Peace.
Although the video below is not strictly an Easter song,
I love the Piano guys and this is a song about Paradise
and rising above...

3 comments:

Terri said...

I like your card, Jackie, thanks for sharing!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Jackie you enabler you. Now I need all those products so I can CASE your wonderful card! Wouldn't you know the only thing I have on hand are the rhinestones. Of course when the catalog first came out I fell in love with Chalk Lines...but then never got it. Very cool the way you created your own background paper with it. Never would have thought about wrapping paper in that wonderful washi sheet too. I bet it adds a wonderful texture to the card when seen in person.
Love, love, love this card! Can't say that enough! Thanks too for sharing the Easter inspiration with the video and the Jesus visual. Very cool.
Hugs, blessings and Happy Easter my friend.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Jackie what a delightful card this is. I love the background texture you created with the Chalk Lines stamp and the Calypso Coral layer with the washi sheet. I also like the piece with the feathers and the sentiment stamped on it. Simply a wonderful way to use all the colour elements from the challenge. Thanks for sharing!