Friday, May 27, 2016

Stamp Off Swirly Heart Sketch

Hey Stampers, welcome to another Stamp Off Challenge.
Buffy, Susan and I are ready for more Friday Challenge Fun.
Today, we've got a Sketch Challenge for you.
As you can see, it's taken from a sample card on page 36 of the Occasions Mini. I often get inspiration from the samples
offered by Stampin' Up product catalogs.   If a card
is pleasing, you may be able to replicate the sketch, with
existing product.
And now, my DISCLAIMER:
I did NOT follow the sketch above.  I tried, 
but only accomplished about 50% accuracy.
Buffy and Susan will be OK with it, because we don't 
judge where the creative spirit leads!  We know that letting
a project "evolve" is what works.
   I used some retiring product, and some exciting NEW
catalog supplies.  First, the set that I used to create the sentiment
is called Thoughtful Banners and can be purchased June first, 
in a bundle with a Duet Banner punch (p 73 of the new catalog).  
I LOVE this set because of all of
the useful words, that can be combined in almost an infinite
number of ways.  On the heart above, I omitted part of the
phrase "thank you", which is also a great technique.

The swirly element comes from Swirly Bird on page 152
of the new catalog.  The set and bundled thinlits are
incredibly versatile, either as focal elements, or background.

The It's My Party DSP banner, cut out with the Banners 
Framelits and layered on a banner cut out of Gold Foil.
I added additional gold elements, 
including gold cord and heart sequins.

 I took this photo and cropped the card, so that I could
offer a sample that looked more like the sketch.  Tah Dah!

Now please click on over and check out samples made
by my lovely friends:
Susan's Blog
Buffy's Blog
 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great minds think alike! I love the Swirly set. You used beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Jackie - and the colors are perfect. I love the gold foil touch!