Friday, July 15, 2016

Stamp Off Fishy Color Challenge

I hope that you've made it a habit to check out our
Stamp Off challenges.  We really enjoy doing these
challenges and look forward to your feedback.
We like to shake up our challenges, by using a wide
variety.  This week, we are hosting a color challenge,
offered by Susan.  These are wonderful colors, that
work well together.

As soon as I saw Susan's challenge, I thought of goldfish
and water.  I had no option, that was the theme!

The Jar of Love Bundle (page 75 and 192) is one of those
bundles that is a must-have.  It enables so many options,
from fish, flowers, greenery and containers.
In this example, I stamped the jar on to watercolor paper
with Stazon ink and water colored it.  I inked up
the fish, stamped them on watercolor paper and popped
them up with dimensionals.  I added retired candy dots,
to suggest bubbles.
 
I stamped the sentiment on a banner from the 
Thoughtful Banners set (p 73), bending it to fit the curve of the 
banner, and punched it out with the 
coordinating Duet Banner Punch (p 186).
Finally, I embossed the Tangerine Tango layer with the
Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
Now hop on over, to check out what Buffy and Susan
did with this color challenge.  I'm kind of wondering, given
the colors, whether we may have had similar artistic inspiration!

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Jackie - that's so cute! I love the clever use of the jar and fish - and the candy dot bubbles. (And, yes, I thought "water" too!)

Susan said...

This card is adorable. I love that the jar and fallen and the one fish escaped. So cute!

Deborah Smart said...

Fabulous watercolouring, Jackie! I love the bubbles that you added, too. This set has been one of my favourites from the new catalogue.