Friday, February 3, 2017

Stamp Off Watercolor Balloon Adventures

Happy Stamp Off Friday with Buffy, Susan and Jackie.
I hope that you are enjoying your first week of February!!
 Today we are doing a Watercolor Challenge.  Since
SU has introduced the new Watercolor Pencils, we have
lots of options for this challenge.
I did not, however,  use the new Stampin' Up!
Watercolor pencils.  I am drawn to cards with stamped 
images that are spritzed with water, 
so that the color drifts randomly.   I decided that I needed to do more than admire these samples, and make one of my own. 

In this example, I stamped
the balloons from Balloon Adventures (p 5) on to watercolor 
paper, using Melon Mambo and Pacific Point ink.  
I stamped the strings and then spritzed with water
several times.  I found that I had to have a napkin ready,
when the images started to spread too much.  
I also took a paint brush, loaded with water and 
Melon Mambo ink, and flicked speckles across the images.
I let this card layer dry overnight. 

I like the fonts that come with this set, because they have a
feeling of wild enthusiasm. The black ink looked good against the 
two bright colors, so that's what I went with.   After adding
a couple of enamel dots, I called it done.  You'll notice
that this set coordinates/bundles with the Balloon
Pop-Up Thinlits Dies.  I have both the set and dies,
 but in this example,
I did not add any die cut components.

Now please click on over to see what Buffy and Susan
are doing with their watercoloring.  Although Susan is our
resident rebel, I suspect she will present some kind of
watercolor component on her card.  Either way, since
I love both Buffy and Susan, they know that they can
have their way with this challenge!

3 comments:

Susan said...

What a pretty card, Jackie. It looks like you cut the balloons out even though you didn't. The water coloring gives them depth.

Buffy said...

I love this effect, Jackie! The balloons and "confetti" splatters are a perfect backdrop for the sentiment. Lovely!

Deborah Smart said...

I love this watercoloured look, Jackie! Great colour combination too. As Pooh Bear says 'no one can be uncheered by a balloon'!