Friday, June 23, 2017

Stamp Off Glossy Cardstock Technique

Welcome to another weekly Friday Stamp Off Challenge,
offered by Susan, Buffy and Jackie.
As June speeds past, we are 1 month into the new
2017-18 Stampin' Up! catalog.  One of my favorite new
products is Glossy White Cardstock, found on page 194.
So many lovely techniques can be done with
this cardstock.  SU sold it years ago, and finally
brought it back, which makes me very happy!


I create many of my Stamp Off challenge posts
in advance, given travel and other activities.
I had already created this post, 
before last week's challenge,   
where Buffy used this technique .
 
I love  the fact that you can drag an ink pad 
across Glossy cardstock,
to create kind of a woodgrain look.  Unlike Whisper White
cardstock, smears or "mistakes" are more easily corrected
on Glossy cardstock.  In the sample above, I dragged
my Memento ink pad across the glossy layer.  After it 
dried, I added streaks of Wisteria Wonder.
Jar of Love, on page 29, with coordinating
Everyday Jars Framelits Dies (p 213) is a wonderful
"go-to" set.  In this example, I stamped the 
Daffodil and Wisteria Wonder flowers on Glossy 
Cardstock.  The jar of flowers was attached.
I can't wait to see what Buffy and Susan
create with Glossy cardstock, so please check
out their projects!

3 comments:

Buffy said...

This is beautiful, Jackie. I love the colors, and it really does look like wood grain.

Susan said...

Another fun technique with Glossy cardstock. This is really pretty. I love the wood grain look to it!

Anonymous said...

Very cool technique, Jackie!